"(The report from the four men from Scripture Union) was in the affirmative and this really set the ball rolling in the right direction. It became clear to us that this special area of land almost surrounded by lake and inlet, which had come into our possession, must be regarded as a Divine Trust and we are being called upon to use it for the physical, social and spiritual welfare of young people under the supervision of Christian organisations."
Scripture Union Victoria was given a 10 acre allotment on the Banksia Peninsula in 1953, which developed to become Camp Coolamatong Lake Camp. The Barton's farm property was later purchased in 1973 and developed for school camping as Camp Coolamatong Farm Camp. The title 'Coolamatong' is understood to be an indigenous word meaning 'water beside a hill'.